Interested in making your own video games but don’t know where to start? Learn to use the game development engine GameMaker, make an 8-bit inspired classic top-down game and develop game narratives.
• Learn GameMaker design software.
• Design a video game.
• Explore popular video games.
• Learn the essentials of game design.
• Create game characters.
• Invent game goals and rules.
• Learn GameMaker’s drag and drop code.
Instruction includes a combination of live online interactions with NIU faculty and staff, along with recorded videos and downloadable step-by-step instruction. Chromebook and some computers are not suitable for this workshop. View minimum hardware and software requirements on our Technical Info page.